Friday, November 1, 2013

Introduction to Spicy&Sweet


M Catering LLC will officially open January 2014.  It has been over 25 years in the making, but I never gave up.  I knew that my entrepreneur spirit would not let me.  Each week I will submit photos/videos of some of Chef Mitzi's creative dishes along with a narrative.

For some who do not know my history, I was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti and moved to Chicago when I was nine.  I can still visualize the savory taste of the wonderful dishes that I will be creating for you.

A preview----------How about a bow of hot steamy beef stew........There's a twist instead of the regular white potatoes, I've used one of my favorite root vegetable from Haiti, MALANGA.  I know, you probably never heard of it.  It is meatier than regular white potatoes and does not easily fall apart.  I use it a lot in my soup dishes, so I will give you more information later.


Why Spicy&Sweet?  Simple, my taste buds loves spicy and sweet.  All of our main dishes uses Habanero peppers.  The degree of hotness is personal, so when I cater your events, I will take that into consideration.  Who doesn't love a little sweet in their lives especially after a spicy dish.  It is the perfect union.

Until next week.......
S&S




No comments:

Post a Comment