Friday, November 22, 2013

The Three Stages of Plantain (Banann)

Last week I did Griot ( it was goooood). In Haiti you can't have Griot without fried Banann.  It's like apple pie and ice cream. There are three fried Banann you can make.  At most events, it's usually the green Banann.  Personally, I prefer the last two stages, a lot softer and sweeter. Here are the three stages of Banann:

I've talked to a lot of people and all they know about Plantain is the fried version.  Guess what the first two stages are great boiled?  They are eaten with any meat, of course I like the second stage, yup it's sweeter, the third stage is NEVER to be boiled, yuck, mushy, only fried please.
I will show you the three fried stages of Banaan, but I've created a version that 
will be offered during my free tasting event.  It is thinly sliced stage two Banaan
 sprinkled with my special secret recipe of habanero peppers and other spices.


Here we go!!!!!!







Unfortunately you can't tell or see the difference.  It's in the taste.  The green plantain is hard and crunchy and salty. The other two are sweet and sweeter.  It's all in your taste buds.

And here's my creation!!!! Haven't found a name as of yet, but it's and ode to Spicy&Sweet.

Because of Thanksgiving, I will not post a blog on Friday, but I will post one on Wednesday.  I will feature a Thanksgiving special that I will offer next year for lunch.  It's a Jerk Fried Turkey Wing with Cranberry Relish and mashed Patate.  I can taste it now!!!!!!
Later S&S..........




No comments:

Post a Comment