Friday, February 21, 2014

Everything Haitian-Mom's Favorite Dish

I asked my mom if she could cook anything what would it be.  She told me 
( Maiz mouline avec pois) translated (Ground yellow grits with red kidney beans).  This dish is labor intensive and it's the only meal that I use coconut milk.  This dish is as authentic Haitian as you can get.  Only real Haitians will eat this.  And yes, I do love it.  We usually serve it with avocado and (legumes) another authentic Haitian dish that is made with eggplant, oxtails, and beef shank. I will do that dish at a later post.  So here we go:







This is where only true Haitians and people who eats grits like that won't turn their noses.  It does not look appetizing, but it tastes really good:











The final result is this, like I said before only true Haitians and people who are looking for true authentic dishes will enjoy this dish:


Now doesn't that look good.  Tastes better.

This blog will be a two-part.  As a baker, my search for the perfect cake has finally arrived.  The cake that I made is buttery, moist, and melts in your mouth.   It's better than a mix.  I've added a little too much vanilla, but the next one will be the desired color.  This is the first picture of my perfected cake:



And this is the final result:



YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

Until next week 
S&S

No comments:

Post a Comment