Friday, February 28, 2014

Everything Haitian - Chicken and Doughboy

You can't be Haitian without eating chicken everyday (well almost). Trying to recapture the taste of the chicken while I was in Haiti and my new found taste buds of so many different cultures has been a challenge. That's why I have created a fresh seasoning using organic vegetables and spices for the chicken and other meat.  I will have three choices. Flavorful, Mild, and Hot.  I'm still deciding on the names for the labels when they are marketed online and in various stores.  Here's the picture, of course, it's the hot one:
And the final results, tastes better than it looks:


Now what is doughboy?  It is a piece of bread dough fried in deep fat.  What more do you want.  The Haitian doughboy or what my husband called banana fritters.  It's like a hot doughnut.  I'm going to work on this and make them very gourmet.  By the way I had to do another batch for my husband.  I guess I found something that he likes.  Here we go:





Until next week
S&S





No comments:

Post a Comment