Friday, February 14, 2014

Everything Haitian - Shredded Coconut Rounds

I have been wanting to eat fresh coconut since last year.  To my wonderful surprise Whole Foods in River Forest had them nicely cut and ready to eat.  That's when the idea to do Tablette Cocoyer came to me.  Translated Coconut Tablet or Candy.  I found the recipe and my journey began.

Even though the coconut was nicely cut, I still had lots of work to do.  After I cut the leftover shell I had to shred four cups of coconut.  Reminded me of doing the Pate, this time I had cramps in my hands. Here's part one and two:







Phew!!!!! This process of making Shredded Coconut Rounds takes about four hours.  After I relaxed my fingers and hands I mixed the other ingredients and started boiling the mixture for about two hours.  No kidding!!!  Here's part three:



Four:






I guess good things come to those who waits.. It was better then what I remembered and tasted.  It's better when you make it yourself.  This is the final stage.  Four cups of shredded coconuts yielded 12 candy rounds.  So worth it!!! Next time I will try it with sugar substitute for my mom and for everyone's else health.  Pure sugar coconut, so delicious and so not good for you.  With the process that's not so easy who would want to do that every week.  So it was a nice treat. Enjoy.  See all that gooey sugar YUM!!!




Until next week!!! Another inspiration
S&S





No comments:

Post a Comment