Friday, March 14, 2014

Everything Haitian - Morue (Saltfish) with boiled Plantain

This dish is usually made for families and very good friends.  Morue is very expensive and time consuming.  It's a two day process, it is soaked overnight and boiled the next day.  I have to research and find out why the fish is preserved with so much salt and then you have to boiled the salt out. Go figure!!! It is so worth it.  It is a delicate balance for this dish and I have perfected this dish. Here's some of the process:
Before







This dish is usually served with avocado and boiled plantain.  Now doesn't that look good!!!!


Last time I did a dish that my mother absolutely loved.  This time I will attempt to make one of my dad's favorite dessert, Bonbon Sirop (Molasses Cake) 
There's a store in Chicago that has perfected Bonbon Sirop and I plan to compete.  Well, my first attempt did not go so well. I will try again next week.  Here's what I made, I will post a picture of the one from the store with my second attempt.  By the way, I filed it accordingly, I was the only one who tasted it.  Here are some pics:







Looks dry, was dry, but smelled good.  One out of three not bad, it is.

Until next week 
S&S

No comments:

Post a Comment