Friday, January 3, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! A new year that holds many excitement and a new journey.  I'm happy to declare that my long awaited dream of being a legal entity happened December 10, 2013.  M Catering, LLC is in good standing with the State of Illinois.  My blog will have pictures of actual catering events and of course recipes of perfecting my craft.  

Speaking of perfecting my craft, well the pastry puff didn't quite turned out like I wanted.  There will be no pictures until I get this right, by the way, I did get a wonderful work out.  My shoulders and arms hurt for two days.  Every week I will be perfecting my pastry puff for the pate until I get it right.  

Since this is a new year, the traditional Haitian food for the new year is (soup joumou) or pumpkin soup.  In Haiti whenever you ask for soup you are talking about soup joumou.  If you want anything other than soup joumou you will have to ask for bouillon.  Growing up the soup was more broth like.  I found out that I like my soup like a stew ( my assimilation to the states).  So I made a new name it's called "soullion". So this is my version, it's thick, like Campbell's Chunky Soup.  It's a meal in itself.  It is usually served with Haitian bread, another of my tried and tested recipe like the puff pastry( to be accomplished at a later date, let's get the puff pastry first.

So, you will see two before and after pictures of the authentic, traditional Haitian soup joumou.  Enjoy:


Until next week S&S


No comments:

Post a Comment