Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Special Edition - My Third Mission Trip To Haiti

When I found out I was going to Haiti again, I decided to take pictures some pictures of some of authentic dishes and marketplace in Haiti.  Yes, we accomplished what we set out to do as our main reason for going to Haiti, but that's a different story.  Let's get started:  

Dining "Al Fresco" first meal, Griox, plantain, rice and beans, and macaroni, Haitian-style. Ok, I'm a little bias, even though the food was good mine was better. 



A typical breakfast in Haiti, check out the mango. YUM!!!!






Dinner
























The following pictures were taken during our toad trip to another hotel.  Street markets are all over the places in Haiti.  You will find everyone selling just about the same things under the very hot sun or under makeshift tents.  We had an "unofficial guide" to help us navigate through the maze of people, food, produce, and merchandise.  Here we go:







Now, that tablet pistach ,peanut candy.  When I made mine it was darker and sweeter.  I like that one better




Breadfruit





Mango, of course










The other fruit is called carosol, eat it plain, make ice cream with it , lots of work





Never new on out this, it's olive leaves, when it's cooked it's very bitter
Here are some of the conditions of the food being cooked on the streets.  They were very adamant about pictures being taken, I had to ask










The following take out dishes were not bought there,our security brought these for me.  One is not a good picture, it's my favorite, white rice with bean sauce.  The other is their version of legume with crab.  Very, very good.






Pate, didn't care much for it

Best coffee in the world

I will be making delicious desserts with this syrup

Cannot forget vanilla extract.  Makes all dessert a part of home.  I hope you enjoy my effort of the gallery of my missions trip to Haiti where I found time to document a little of Haitian culture

Until next week
S&S









No comments:

Post a Comment